Rent a Car
Gibraltar Intl Airport (GIB)
Office in Terminal GIB Airport,
Pso Maritimo 2 Pk Sta Barbara, Linea Concepcion, 11300, Gibraltar
Hours of Operation:
Sun 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Mon 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Tue 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM; Wed - Thu 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM; Fri 9:00 AM - 9:15 PM; Sat 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
NATIONAL DAY December 25 closed
Terms & Conditions
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is Optional
Customer is liable for full value of the Avis vehicle if Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is not taken. Purchase of CDW reduces liability to an amount between 400.00 GBL and 700.00 GBL depending on car group rented in the event of an accident, damage or theft to the Avis vehicle.
Theft Protection (TP) is included in the rates.
Note: If you require additional insurance coverage you may purchase locally to reduce/remove the insurance excess. Just ask at the Avis rental desk when you collect your car.
Global insurance coverages are always subject to change. Please verify at time of rental.
Credit Card Policies
Avis Gibraltar accepts Avis Charge Cards, American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard / Access / Eurocard, Visa. Additional Charge Card Hold: Charge card hold is the estimated rental charges plus 20%, including the amount of a full tank of gas.
Debit Card Policies
Visa Debit Cards and MasterCard Debit Cards are accepted.
- A valid driving license from the renter's country of residence must be presented in person at the time of rental and must have been held at least one year. If license does not include a photograph, a passport or another identifying document should be provided.
- International Driving Permit (IDP) is recommeded for non-EU citizens (if stopped by police the fine could be up to 450.00 EUR)
- Additionally, all driving licenses printed in a non-Roman alphabet** must be accompanied by a valid International Driving Permit (IDP).
- **Exception: a driver's license from Greece is acceptable without accompaniment by an IDP.
- Both forms of documentation must be issued to the same person, in the same name, and presented together at the time of rental.
Personal Accident Insurance
Public Liability and Property Damage
Public liability insurance is in accordance with the insurance laws of the country. Customer may inquire at the time of rental for additional information of the benefits, conditions and acceptance.
Note: Some credit cards provide insurance coverage, with certain limitations, as a benefit of using the card to rent vehicles. The customer is advised to contact the card issuer before the rental. Any waiver must be discussed directly with the location upon arrival.
At this location the minimum age is 21 for all car groups.