Rent a Car
D. Brown Motors (Barrie) Ltd (S16)
425 Dunlop Street West,
Barrie, ON, Ontario, L4N 1C3, Canada
Horário de funcionamento:
Mon - Fri 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Horário de feriado:
GOOD FRIDAY Abril 7 closed
VICTORIA DAY Maio 22 closed
CANADA DAY Julho 1 closed
CIVIC HOLIDAY Agosto 7 closed
LABOR DAY Setembro 4 closed
THANKSGIVING Outubro 9 closed
CHRISTMAS DAY Dezembro 25 closed
BOXING DAY Dezembro 26 closed
Termos e condições
- Retain your reservation confirmation number as it is necessary for modification, cancellation or no-show refund requests. Changes to your prepay reservation must be made either on Avis.com, Avis.com.au or Avis.co.nz or at the rental counter. At time of change, current rates, taxes and fees apply.
- Your credit or debit card will be charged upon reservation confirmation. Method of prepayment toward your rental may not be changed after confirmation.
- Debit cards are not accepted at some Avis locations and are not a recommended form of prepayment.
- While a debit or prepaid charge card is an acceptable form of rental prepayment online, they may not be accepted for the credit hold required when you pick up your vehicle.
- Please review the terms and conditions on our confirmation page regarding credit or debit card acceptance at the location. To release the vehicle to you at time of pick-up, all rental terms and conditions must be met, regardless of your original prepayment.
- Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification to pick up a vehicle at any location. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
- The same credit or debit card used to complete an online Pay Now reservation must be presented at the rental pick-up counter as a form of identification.
- At the time of rental a hold of $500.00 CAD or estimated rental charges plus 20%, whichever is greater, is placed on the credit card. A prepaid charge card is not accepted for this required hold.
- The card presented at pickup will be the card of record for the rental.
- Prepaid reservations are only offered at participating locations.
- Upon paying your rental with a Debit Card, Avis will generally request an authorization hold against your account for the estimated charges of the rental but reserves the right in its sole, discretion, to request extra value based on certain factors as we deem appropriate. Some exceptions may apply. THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE.
- If you selected Fuel Service Option, fuel price isn't included in your reservation total, but prevailing market rate will be added when you return your vehicle.
- Avis accepts most major credit cards as credit identification at the time of rental. Accepted credit cards: Avis Charge Card, American Express, AT&T Capital, Diner's Club Intl, Discover, China Union Pay, GE Capital, JCB, MasterCard, PHH, Sears and Visa. Some locations may not accept each of the referenced cards.
- Coupons may be applied to prepay rentals. Vouchers or Avis rental certificates cannot be used in conjunction with a prepay reservation.
- Gift Cards (Avis or any other) are not allowed on prepay reservations.
- Canada locations do not accept bank debit cards as a form of credit identification.
- When the rental is over, we will process the reversal but the bank may take time to post it back to the account - unless you already paid toward your rental, in which case the hold will be only $100 CAD. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
- Avis is not responsible for any returned checks or overdrafts based on this policy.
- Your quoted rental rate is based on the exact parameters (locations, dates, etc.) of your particular rental - changing your confirmed reservation parameters could result in a different rate.
- There is no fee for making the following changes: vehicle type, options (GPS, protections, etc.), rental period dates/times, adding other drivers, switching between participating prepay pick-up locations within the same country. To change to a non-participating location or one outside of the original pick-up country, you must cancel your original reservation (with applicable cancellation fee) and re-book at then current rates.
- Non-permissible changes include: method of prepayment; name on reservation; changing your pick-up to a non-participating prepay location or one outside of the original pick-up country. If you still wish to make these changes, you must cancel your original prepay reservation with applicable cancellation fee and re-book at then current rates.
- At time of rental pick-up, location rental qualification rules apply. The name on all rental credentials (license and credit or debit card) must match the name on the reservation. If the names do not match, it is deemed a non-permissible change to your prepay reservation and must follow procedures to cancel and re-book at then current rates (with applicable cancellation or no-show fees).
- At the time of pick up, driver must present a valid driver's license and credit card in the driver's name. A prepaid charge card is not an acceptable credential. All drivers must have a safe driving record.
- At the time of rental, the renter or authorized driver may be subject to an electronic DMV check from the issuing state of the driver's license, or may be asked to sign a declaration attesting to specific criteria.
- Positive identification in addition to your driver's license may be required.
- Your total rental rate is calculated based on the information provided at time of reservation.
- Vehicles are rented on a daily (24-hour) basis. There is a 29-minute grace period for returns. After 30 minutes late, a 3/4-day late charge + $.01 + taxes apply. After 90 minutes late, full-day late charges + taxes apply. There is no grace period for rental fees, surcharges and optional equipment or protections charges, so full-day late charges will apply for these items.
- Extensions or late returns result in additional charges.
- Rather than requiring customers to be 25 to rent, Avis now rents to customers between the ages of 21-24 with a valid credit card and driver's license. At time of rental, we will automatically apply an additional underage surcharge for these drivers.
- Additionally, the following restrictions also will apply for renters between the ages of 21-24: Renters of luxury cars, mini-vans, 12-passenger vans, specialty cars, full-size SUVs and premium SUVs will not be permitted.
- In Quebec, the minimum age to rent vehicle groups A, B, C, D & E is 21 with an underage fee of $25-per-day CAD for renters age 21-24. For all other vehicle groups, the minimum age is 25. In Saskatchewan, the minimum age is 18. No under age fee applies.
- In Canada, the charge for additional drivers is $10-per-day CAD per additional driver.
- The following are exempt from additional driver charges: renter's employer or regular fellow employee when on company business; renter's spouse or domestic partner; disabled renters who have completed the non-licensed renter form.
- The collection, use and retention of your information, including your personally identifiable information, provided to us in connection with payment for our services and products, or participation in our programs, whether directly by you or on your behalf through a payment service, is subject to our Privacy Notice.
- Changes to a reservation must be done at Avis.com, Avis.com.au, or Avis.co.nz using the "Modify/Cancel" option. Any changes to the reservation may impact the rental charges. If a prepaid reservation is cancelled more than 24 hours before the pickup time, a $50.00 CAD cancellation fee will be assessed.
- If you need to cancel during the 24 hour period prior to the scheduled pick-up time, we will refund the full prepaid amount less a $150 CAD processing fee.
- If you do not cancel the reservation prior to the time of pick-up and the rental vehicle is not picked up on the rental date, no portion of the prepaid amount will be refunded.
- If you return the vehicle before the original return date (early return), you will not be refunded any portion of the payment.
- Underpayments will be handled at the counter at time of rental return. Unfortunately, we can't promise that your prepaid daily vehicle rate will apply if you change vehicle types, lengthen or shorten your rental period or change your pick up location.
- Upon returning the vehicle, Avis will process a release of the unused portion of the hold subject to your bank's procedure. This hold may take up to two weeks to be released by your bank.
- If you have already paid toward your rental using a debit card, we will reverse any hold when the rental is over. The bank, however, may take time to post it back to your account. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use. All refund requests must be submitted within six months of the scheduled rental pick up date. No refunds will be granted after this six month window.
Additional Liability Insurance (ALI)
Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
Acceptance of the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) reduces the renters and authorized additional drivers financial responsibility to $300.00 CAD or $500.00 CAD, dependent upon the vehicle group rented, if the vehicle is damaged or stolen while under rental contract. Using the vehicle in violation of any of the use restrictions listed on the rental agreement could void LDW and leave the renter fully responsible for any damage to the vehicle.
All Avis cars are not to be driven on unpaved roads (like gravel, dirt, etc.).
If LDW is not accepted, the customer is financially responsible for the full value of:
- Accident damage
- Glass damage
- Theft of the car
- Stolen items such as radio, battery, etc.
Partial Loss Damage Waiver (PDW) is available at participating off airport locations.
All inquiries regarding PDW availability and cost should be referred to the rental location.
Global insurance coverages are always subject to change. Please verify at time of rental.
Credit Card Policies
Avis accepts most major credit cards as credit identification at the time of rental.
Accepted credit card list: Avis Charge Card, American Express, AT&T Capital, Diner's Club, Diner's Club Int'l, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and Visa.
Some locations may not accept each of the referenced cards.
The exact amount of Credit Card authorization will vary by the rate, car group, length of rental, and miscellaneous charges. Please contact the rental counter for an estimate of the authorization amount.
Debit Card Policies
Debit cards are not accepted at time of rental at this location. A debit card can be used to pay for the rental at the time of car return.
At the time of rental, the driver must present a valid drivers license in the drivers name.
Canada licenses required by issuing province to rent a vehicle are: Manitoba requires Class 5 Full (F), New Brunswick requires Class 7 (level 2 only) and Class 5, Ontario requires Class G & G2 and all other provinces require Class 5.
Customers presenting a drivers license in a non-Roman alphabet must also present an International Driving Permit (IDP) in addition to their valid drivers license.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
Public Liability and Property Damage
Public liability insurance is in accordance with the insurance laws of the country. Customer may inquire at the time of rental for additional information of the benefits, conditions and acceptance.
Note: Some credit cards provide insurance coverage, with certain limitations, as a benefit of using the card to rent vehicles. The customer is advised to contact the card issuer before the rental. Any waiver must be discussed directly with the location upon arrival.
Winter Tires are mandatory on certain roads or the renter/driver may be ticketed by RCMP.
It is mandatory that all vehicles registered in the province of Quebec be equipped with winter tires during the winter months of December through March. All rentals will be charged a daily Tire Management Fee up to 4.50 CAD per day for year-round tire maintenance. The fee is subject to concession recovery fees, GST and QST.
ALL OTHER PROVINCES -
Winter tire equipped vehicles maybe available in the winter season for reservations at some locations. An additional fee up to 20.00 CAD per day will apply. Fees vary by location and car group.
Minimum Age is 25 for all renters.
Under Age Fee of $25.00 CAD per day will apply for renters from 21 - 24 years old.
The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of gas or there will be a charge for refueling.
Most locations offer a prepaid gas option which you can accept at the rental location.
If the vehicle is driven less than 125 kilometers there may be an additional refueling fee, unless a gas receipt is presented at time of return. The customer can check at the time of rental for complete details.
- Taxes not included in the Estimated Total and will be applied at the time of rental
- Roadside SafetyNet (RSN) service is available at all participating Avis locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands and New Zealand.
- The daily/weekly fee for the Avis Roadside SafetyNet Option is subject to change.
- RSN covers the cost for assistance with key replacement, lockouts, tire change service fee, jump starts and emergency fuel delivery (up to 3 gallons).
- Prohibited use of the vehicle will void this option.
- Rental options not selected/offered on the avis.com website can not be modified online but have been calculated in the Estimated Total.
- Taxes not included in the Estimated Total and will be applied at the time of rental.
- Modifications to these rental options must be made by contacting customer service or can be made at the rental counter.
Avis Mobile Notifications is a standard rated subscription alert service providing time-sensitive mobile alerts and MMS to customers that include updates to the customer's current and upcoming rentals, and information about claims or inquiries relating to past rentals. By providing your phone number you agree to receive text messages, including text messages sent by an automatic telephone dialing system ("ATDS"), from us and our service partners regarding your rental. Messaging frequency varies based on customer journey. We will not use an ATDS to send you texts for marketing purposes unless we receive your prior express written consent. You are not required to provide consent in order to purchase any of our goods or services.
To Opt-Out of marketing text messages text "STOP" from your mobile device in response to a marketing text message. You can also manage your preferences to receive marketing text messages by updating your Avis profile at Avis.com. Simply select "No" from the SMS Notifications option in the communication preference section of your profile.
To get help, text "HELP" in response to a text message or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-352-7900.
Carriers Supported (U.S. only)
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, U.S. Cellular®, Metro PCS, ACS Wireless, All West Wireless, Bluegrass, Boost USA, Cambridge Telecom, Cellcom, Cellular South, Centennial, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket Communications, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Appalachian Wireless, Farmer's Mutual Telephone Company, General Communications, Golden State Cellular, PC Management, Inland Cellular, Illinois Valley Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Nucla-Naturita, nTelos, Revol, Silver Star PCS (Gold Star), Snake River PCS, South Central, Syringa, Thumb Cellular, UBET Wireless, Unicel, United Wireless, and West Central Wireless.
*T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
Carriers Supported (Canada only)
Aliant Mobility, Bell Mobility, Eastlink, Fido, Mobilicity, MTS, NorthernTel Mobility, Public Mobile, Rogers Wireless, SaskTel Mobility, Telébec Mobilité, TELUS Mobility, Vidéotron, Virgin Mobile Canada, WIND Mobile
Avis will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages connected with our SMS Gateway. Delivery of SMS messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator.
We will only use your information to provide you the services you request and as set forth in our privacy notice which can be found at www.avis.com/privacy.
Avis does not charge a fee for text messaging service. Standard messaging and data rates may apply, we are not responsible for any charges from a person's service provider that may result from us providing this service. Avis assumes no responsibility for charges incurred by signing up for this text messaging service. Any text messaging fees that you incur will be billed on your individual mobile provider bill.
Surcharges and Additional Fees
Towing is not permitted. Vehicles cannot be used to tow or push anything. A trailer hitch cannot be installed on the vehicles.
Travel Into Other Countries
Vehicles at this location can be driven throughout the Canadian Provinces with no restrictions. Based on availability; One-way rentals may be allowed to some Canadian cities. Vehicles at this location can be driven throughout the continental US with no restrictions. Based on availability; One-way rentals may be allowed to some US cities.
Vehicles at this location are not allowed to travel into Alaska. One-way rentals are also not permitted.
Vehicles at this location are not allowed to travel into Mexico. One-way rentals are also not permitted.