Pay Now and Save up to 30% off base rates in Canada.
Your Rate Code cannot be used for this reservation due to following reason(s):
- Rate Code requires minimum length of 5 days
Providing your age allows us to give you a more accurate rental estimate. Restrictions and fees may apply for underage driver's.
Do you have an Avis Wizard Number?
Select the Avis Wizard Number option to enter both your Avis Wizard Number and Last Name
Do you have a Discount Code?
Select the Discount Code option to enter an AWD (Avis Worldwide Discount), Coupon Code or Rate Code
We are sorry, Avis Preferred Points cannot be combined with additional offers and discounts. Only one offer can be applied per reservation. If you wish to use your Preferred Points for this reservation, please remove coupon code.
Your coupon number cannot be used for this reservation due to following reason(s):
- The coupon code entered is not valid. Coupon codes are seven characters, four letters followed by three numbers.
Are you located in UK?
You may be interested in visiting the Avis UK website to make your booking.
Pay Now rates offer the lowest car rental rates online with up to 30% off base rates, applicable to times and mileage charges of your car rental. If you select Pay Now or prepay online for your car rental, the credit card used for payment must be presented at the counter.
- Your credit or debit card will be charged upon reservation confirmation. Method of prepayment toward your rental may not be changed after confirmation.
- Debit cards are not accepted at some Avis locations and are not a recommended form of prepayment.
- The same credit or debit card used to complete an online Pay Now reservation must be presented at the rental pick-up counter as a form of identification.
- Generally, at the time of rental, we'll require a credit card hold of total estimated charges or $200 USD, whichever is greater. If you have prepaid with a debit card the hold is only $100 USD. A prepaid charge card is not accepted for this required hold.
- Prepaid reservations are only offered at participating locations.
- Retain your reservation confirmation number as it is necessary for modification, cancellation or no-show refund requests. Changes to your prepay reservation must be made either on Avis.com, Avis.com.au or Avis.co.nz or at the rental counter. At time of change, current rates, taxes and fees apply.
- There is no fee for making the following changes: car type, options (GPS, protections, etc.), rental period dates/times, adding other drivers, switching between participating prepay pick-up locations within the same country. To change to a non-participating location or one outside of the original pick-up country, you must cancel your original reservation (with applicable cancellation fee) and re-book at then current rates.
- Non-permissible changes include: method of prepayment; name on reservation; changing your pick-up to a non-participating prepay location or one outside of the original pick-up country. If you still wish to make these changes, you must cancel your original prepay reservation with applicable cancellation fee and re-book at then current rates.
- If you need to cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled pick-up time, you may cancel and request a refund less a $50.00 USD cancellation fee. To cancel and request a refund you must submit a request on Avis.com, Avis.com.au or Avis.co.nz at any time before 24 hours of your scheduled pick up time by entering the reservation number and last name into the appropriate fields on the View/Modify/Cancel page. Once the reservation is displayed, click the "cancel" link and continue through the process to submit the refund request.
- If you cancel your reservation within 24 hours of the scheduled pick-up time or if you fail to [pick up the rental vehicle, you may request a refund less a $150.00 no show fee. To request a refund, you must fulfill a request on Avis.com, Avis.com.au or Avis.co.nz by entering the reservation number and last name into the appropriate fields on the View/Modify/Cancel page. Once the reservation is displayed, click on the "request a refund" link and continue through the process to submit the refund request.
- All refund requests must be submitted within six months of the scheduled rental pick up date. No refunds will be granted after this six month window.
- Your quoted rental rate is based on the exact parameters (locations, dated, etc.) of your particular rental - changing your confirmed reservation parameters could result in a different rate.
- At time of rental pick-up, location rental qualification rules apply. The name on all rental credentials (license and credit or debit card) must match the name on the reservation. If the names do not match, it is deemed a non-permissible change to your prepay reservation and must follow procedures to cancel and re-book at then current rates (with applicable cancellation or no-show fees).
- At the time of pick up, driver must present a valid driver's license and credit card (or debit card at participating locations) in the driver's name. A prepaid charge card is not an acceptable credential. All drivers must have a safe driving record.
- While a debit or prepaid charge card is an acceptable form of rental prepayment online, they may not be accepted for the credit hold required when you pick up your car.
- Please review the terms and conditions on our confirmation page regarding credit or debit card acceptance at the location. To release the car to you at time of pick-up all rental terms and conditions must be met, regardless of your original prepayment.
- The card presented at pickup will be the card of record for the rental.
- If you use a debit card at a location that accepts them, we will perform a credit check to ensure worthiness before releasing the car and you must also present a second form of current identification.
- Your total rental rate is calculated based on the information provided at time of reservation.
- Vehicles are rented on a daily (24-hour) basis. There is a 29-minute grace period for returns. After 30 minutes late, a 3/4-day late charge + $.01 + taxes apply. After 90 minutes late, full-day late charges + taxes apply. There is no grace period for rental fees, surcharges and optional equipment or protections charges, so full-day late charges will apply for these items.
- If you selected Fuel Service Option, fuel price isn't included in your reservation total, but prevailing market rate will be added when you return your car.
- Avis accepts most major credit cards as credit identification at the time of rental. Accepted credit cards: Avis Charge Card, American express, AT&T Capital, Diner's Club Intl, Discover, China Union Pay, GE Capital, JCB, Master Card, PHH, Sears, and Visa. Some locations may not accept each of the referenced cards.
- Coupons may be applied to prepay rentals. Vouchers or Avis rental certificates cannot be used in conjunction with a prepay reservation.
- Gift Cards (Avis or any other) are not allowed on prepay reservations.
- Most U.S. locations also accept bank debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo as credit identification at the time of rental if you are at least 25 years of age. Canada locations do not accept bank debit cards as a form of credit identification. In most cases, U.S. locations will perform a credit check for debit card renters to determine credit worthiness at the time of rental. The renter must meet Avis' minimum criteria in order to rent.
- Upon paying your rental with a Debit Card, Avis will generally request an authorization hold against your account for the estimated charges of the rental but reserves the right in its sole, discretion, to request extra value based on certain factors as we deem appropriate.Some exceptions may apply. THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE.
- When the rental is over we will process the reversal but the bank may take time to post it back to the account - unless you already paid toward your rental, in which case the hold will be only $100 USD. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
- Underpayments will be handled at the counter at time of rental return, and overpayments will be refunded after the rental agreement is closed. Unfortunately, we can't promise that your prepaid daily car rate will apply if you change car types, lengthen or shorten your rental period or change your pick up location.
- Upon returning the vehicle, Avis will process a release of the unused portion of the hold subject to your bank's procedure. This hold may take up to two weeks to be released by your bank.
- If you have already paid toward your rental using a debit card we will reverse any hold when the rental is over. The bank, however,may take time to post it back to your account. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
- Avis is not responsible for any returned checks or overdrafts based on this policy.
- In the US, debit, cash or check cards may be used at the end for payment of rental charges.
- Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification to pick up a car at any location. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
- At time of pick up, driver must present a valid, drivers license and credit or debit card in the driver's name. If the drivers license is not U.S.-issued, you must present your drivers license and either a passport or a Canadian enhanced license in the driver's name.
- Positive identification in addition to your driver's license may be required.
- At the time of rental, the renter or authorized driver may be subject to an electronic DMV check from the issuing state of the driver's license, or may be asked to sign a declaration attesting to specific criteria.
- Extensions or late returns result in additional charges.
- Rather than requiring customers to be 25 to rent, Avis now rents to customers between the ages of 21-24 with a valid credit card and driver's license. At time of rental, we we'll automatically apply an additional underage surcharge for these drivers.
- Additionally, the following restrictions also will apply for renters between the ages of 21-24: Renters of luxury cars, mini-vans, 12-passenger vans, specialty cars, full-size SUVs and premium SUVs will not be permitted.
- In New York State, the minimum age to rent is 18 with a $52-per-day USD surcharge for renters age 18-20 and a $35-per-day USD underage surcharge for renters age 21-24. In Michigan the minimum age is18 with a $41-per-day USD surcharge for customers between the ages of 18-20 and $28-per-day USD surcharge for customers between the ages of 21-24. In Quebec, the minimum age to rent car groups A, B, C, D & E is 21 with an underage fee of $20-per-day CAD for renters age 21-24. For all other car groups, the minimum age is 25. In Saskatchewan, the minimum age is 18. No underage fee applies.
- In all states other than CA, NV and NY, the charge for additional drivers is $13-per-day USD per additional driver, with a maximum charge of $65-per-rental USD per driver. The additional driver fee in New York is $3-per-day USD per additional driver. The additional driver fee in Nevada is $10-per-day USD per additional driver, with a maximum charge of $50 USD. There is no additional driver fee in California. The following are exempt from additional driver charges: renter's employer or regular fellow employee when on company business; renter's spouse or domestic partner; disabled renters who have completed the non-licensed renter form.
- The collection, use and retention of your information, including your personally identifiable information, provided to us in connection with payment for our services and products, or participation in our programs, whether directly by you or on your behalf through a payment service, is subject to our Privacy Notice.
Connection Failed or Some Error occurred.