Rent a Car
Pocatello Regional Airport (PIH)
1950 Airport Way,
Pocatello, ID, Idaho, 83204, U S A
Hours of Operation:
Sun - Sat 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM and 11:30 PM - 12:00 AM
MEMORIAL DAY May 29 closed
INDEPENDENCE DY July 4 closed
LABOR DAY September 4 closed
THANKSGIVING November 23 closed
CHRISTMAS December 25 closed
NEW YEARS DAY January 1 closed
Proceed to the Avis counter in the baggage claim area. Rental cars are parked outside the baggage claim area.
Follow airport signs for "Arrivals" or "Baggage Claim". They will lead to the baggage claim area entrance. Proceed inside to locate the Avis counter. Rental cars are parked outside the baggage claim area.
Tuesdays & Saturdays: 9:00 p.m. to 4:30 a.m.
All other days: 11:00 p.m. to 4:30 a.m.
Remember to take your personal belongings with you.
Terms & Conditions
- Retain your reservation confirmation number as it is necessary for modification, cancellation or no-show refund requests. Changes to your prepay reservation must be made either on Avis.com, Avis.com.au or Avis.co.nz or at the rental counter. At time of change, current rates, taxes and fees apply.
- Your credit or debit card will be charged upon reservation confirmation. Method of prepayment toward your rental may not be changed after confirmation.
- Debit cards are not accepted at some Avis locations and are not a recommended form of prepayment.
- While a debit or prepaid charge card is an acceptable form of rental prepayment online, they may not be accepted for the credit hold required when you pick up your car.
- Please review the terms and conditions on our confirmation page regarding credit or debit card acceptance at the location. To release the car to you at time of pick-up, all rental terms and conditions must be met, regardless of your original prepayment.
- Prepaid debit and gift cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification to pick up a vehicle at any location. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid debit and gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
- In the U.S., debit, cash or check cards may be used at the end for payment of rental charges.
- The same credit or debit card used to complete an online Pay Now reservation must be presented at the rental pick-up counter as a form of identification.
- Generally, at the time of rental, we'll require a credit card hold of total estimated charges. However, many rentals may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $200 USD. If you have prepaid with a debit card, the hold will be $250 USD. A prepaid charge card is not accepted for this required hold and in case of reservation with non US currency, a credit card with same currency of reservation with equivalent USD amount would be required.
- The card presented at pickup will be the card of record for the rental.
- If you use a debit card at a location that accepts them, we will perform a credit check to ensure worthiness before releasing the car and you must also present a second form of current identification.
- Prepaid reservations are only offered at participating locations.
- Upon paying your rental with a debit card, Avis will generally request an authorization hold against your account for the estimated charges of the rental but reserves the right in its sole, discretion, to request extra value based on certain factors as we deem appropriate. Many rentals may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $200 USD. Rentals of 4 days or more may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $300 USD. If you have prepaid with a debit card, the hold will be $250 USD. THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE.
- If you selected Fuel Service Option, fuel price isn't included in your reservation total, but prevailing market rate will be added when you return your car.
- Avis accepts most major credit cards as credit identification at the time of rental. Accepted credit cards: Avis Charge Card, American Express, AT&T Capital, Diner's Club Intl, Discover, China Union Pay, JCB, MasterCard, and Visa. Some locations may not accept each of the referenced cards.
- Coupons may be applied to prepay rentals. Vouchers or Avis rental certificates cannot be used in conjunction with a prepay reservation.
- Gift Cards (Avis or any other) are not allowed on prepay reservations.
- Most U.S. locations also accept bank debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo as credit identification at the time of rental if you are at least 25 years of age. Canada locations do not accept bank debit cards as a form of credit identification. In most cases, U.S. locations will perform a credit check for debit card renters to determine credit worthiness at the time of rental. The renter must meet Avis' minimum criteria in order to rent.
- When the rental is over, we will process the reversal but the bank may take time to post it back to the account - unless you already paid toward your rental, in which case the hold will be $250 USD. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
- Avis is not responsible for any returned checks or overdrafts based on this policy.
- Your quoted rental rate is based on the exact parameters (locations, dates, etc.) of your particular rental - changing your confirmed reservation parameters could result in a different rate.
- There is no fee for making the following changes: car type, options (GPS, protections, etc.), rental period dates/times, adding other drivers, switching between participating prepay pick-up locations within the same country. To change to a non-participating location or one outside of the original pick-up country, you must cancel your original reservation (with applicable cancellation fee) and re-book at then current rates.
- Non-permissible changes include: method of prepayment; name on reservation; changing your pick-up to a non-participating prepay location or one outside of the original pick-up country. If you still wish to make these changes, you must cancel your original prepay reservation with applicable cancellation fee and re-book at then current rates.
- At time of rental pick-up, location rental qualification rules apply. The name on all rental credentials (license and credit or debit card) must match the name on the reservation. If the names do not match, it is deemed a non-permissible change to your prepay reservation and must follow procedures to cancel and re-book at then current rates (with applicable cancellation or no-show fees).
- At the time of pick up, driver must present a valid driver's license and credit card (or debit card at participating locations) in the driver's name. A prepaid charge card is not an acceptable credential. All drivers must have a safe driving record.
- At time of pick up, driver must present a valid, drivers license and credit or debit card in the driver's name. If the drivers license is not U.S.-issued, you must present your drivers license and either a passport or a Canadian enhanced license in the driver's name.
- At the time of rental, the renter or authorized driver may be subject to an electronic DMV check from the issuing state of the driver's license, or may be asked to sign a declaration attesting to specific criteria.
- Positive identification in addition to your driver's license may be required.
- Your total rental rate is calculated based on the information provided at time of reservation.
- Vehicles are rented on a daily (24-hour) basis. There is a 29-minute grace period for returns. After 30 minutes late, a 3/4-day late charge + $.01 + taxes apply. After 90 minutes late, full-day late charges + taxes apply. There is no grace period for rental fees, surcharges and optional equipment or protections charges, so full-day late charges will apply for these items.
- Extensions or late returns result in additional charges.
- Rather than requiring customers to be 25 to rent, Avis now rents to customers between the ages of 21-24 with a valid credit card and driver's license. At time of rental, we will automatically apply an additional underage surcharge for these drivers.
- Additionally, the following restrictions also will apply for renters between the ages of 21-24: Renters of luxury cars, mini-vans, 12-passenger vans, specialty cars, full-size SUVs and premium SUVs will not be permitted.
- In New York State, the minimum age to rent is 18 with a $84-per-day USD surcharge for renters age 18-20 and a $35-per-day USD underage surcharge for renters age 21-24. In Michigan, the minimum age is 18 with a $41-per-day USD surcharge for customers between the ages of 18-20 and $28-per-day USD surcharge for customers between the ages of 21-24. In Quebec, the minimum age to rent car groups A, B, C, D & E is 21 with an underage fee of $20-per-day CAD for renters age 21-24. For all other car groups, the minimum age is 25. In Saskatchewan, the minimum age is 18. No underage fee applies.
- In all states other than CA, NV and NY, the charge for additional drivers is $13-per-day USD per additional driver, with a maximum charge of $65-per-rental USD per driver. The additional driver fee in New York is $3-per-day USD per additional driver.
- The additional driver fee in Nevada is $10-per-day USD per additional driver, with a maximum charge of $50 USD. There is no additional driver fee in California. The following are exempt from additional driver charges: renter's employer or regular fellow employee when on company business; renter's spouse or domestic partner; disabled renters who have completed the non-licensed renter form.
- The collection, use and retention of your information, including your personally identifiable information, provided to us in connection with payment for our services and products, or participation in our programs, whether directly by you or on your behalf through a payment service, is subject to our Privacy Notice.
- Changes to a reservation must be done at Avis.com, Avis.com.au, or Avis.co.nz using the "Modify/Cancel" option. Any changes to the reservation may impact the rental charges. If a prepaid reservation is cancelled more than 24 hours before the pickup time, a $50.00 USD or equivalent foreign currency used for the reservation, will be assessed a cancellation fee.
- If you need to cancel during the 24 hour period prior to the scheduled pick-up time, we will refund the full prepaid amount less a $150 USD or equivalent foreign currency used for the reservation, processing fee.
- If you do not cancel the reservation prior to the time of pick-up and the rental vehicle is not picked up on the rental date, no portion of the prepaid amount will be refunded.
- If you return the vehicle before the original return date (early return), you will not be refunded any portion of the payment.
- All refund requests must be submitted within six months of the scheduled rental pick up date. No refunds will be granted after this six month window.
- Underpayments will be handled at the counter at time of rental return. Unfortunately, we can't promise that your prepaid daily car rate will apply if you change car types, lengthen or shorten your rental period or change your pick up location.
- Upon returning the vehicle, Avis will process a release of the unused portion of the hold subject to your bank's procedure. This hold may take up to two weeks to be released by your bank.
- If you have already paid toward your rental using a credit card or debit card, we will reverse any hold when the rental is over. The bank, however, may take time to post it back to your account. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
Acceptance of the Loss Damage Waiver relieves the renter and authorized additional drivers of responsibility for loss of, or damage to the Avis car, when they comply with the terms and conditions listed on the rental document jacket. At the time of rental, the customer must initial whether he/she accepts or declines the LDW and optional services. LDW and optional services must be signed for at the rental counter.
LDW is taxable.
If LDW is not accepted, the customer is financially responsible for the full value of:
- Accident damage
- Glass damage
- Stolen items (radio, battery, etc.)
- Theft of the car
In Wisconsin, if LDW is not accepted, the renter is liable for all loss or damage to the Avis car due to an accident or reckless, wanton behavior.
In Illinois, if LDW is not accepted, the customer is financially responsible for the following types of damage, the responsibility amount varies based on car group rented ranging from $20,000.00 up to a maximum of $42,000.00 for rentals :
- Accident damage
- Glass damage
- Stolen items (radio, battery, etc.)
- Theft of the car
Once LDW has been purchased, it must remain on the contract. The customer has the option to return the car & close the rental agreement; however, this could change the rate for the rental agreement and a different, possibly higher, rate could apply for a new rental.
Customers who rent in New York and purchase LDW in New York can decide to cancel this service at no charge, within specific guidelines:
- Rental must be 2 days or more.
- The cancellation must be within the first 24 hours of the rental.
- The actual renter must take the car to an Avis location for inspection & must sign a cancellation notice.
Loss of Use
The customer may also be responsible for reimbursing Avis for the revenue lost by not being able to use the car while it is being repaired or not recovered due to theft (referred to as Loss of Use).
Global insurance coverages are always subject to change. Please verify at time of rental.
Credit Card Policies
Avis accepts most major credit cards as credit identification at the time of rental. The renter's name must be on the credit card.
Accepted credit card list: Avis Charge Card, American Express, AT&T Capital, Diner's Club Int'l, Discover, China UnionPay, JCB, MasterCard, and Visa. Some locations may not accept each of the referenced cards.
Avis may request an authorization hold against your account for the estimated rental charges of the rental, but reserves the right in its sole discretion to request an extra value to be based on certain factors as we deem appropriate:
- Most rentals may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $200.00 USD.
- If you have prepaid the rental, the hold amount will be $250.00 USD.
While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use. When the rental is over, we will process the reversal, but the bank may take time to post it back to the account.
Note: Prepaid credit cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification to pick up a car at any location. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid credit cards are accepted at time of return only, if we can obtain full authorization from the card bank for the total charges due.
Debit Card Policies
This location does accept bank debit cards with the MasterCard or Visa logo at the time of rental for specific car groups with the following requirements:
- Renter must be at least 25 years of age.
- The name of the renter must be on the debit card.
- A debit card is accepted as credit identification for Economy cars, Compact cars, Intermediate cars, Standard cars and Full-Size cars as well as Intermediate SUV's and Standard SUV's only. A debit card is not accepted as credit identification for any other car group.
- At airport locations, you will be required to show proof of a return airline flight that corresponds with your rental.
- You will be subject to a credit check to determine and ensure credit worthiness before releasing the car to you. If your credit file is frozen with Equifax, you will be required to lift the restriction prior to your rental. Lifting the restriction does not guarantee that you will be able to rent a vehicle as you will still be subject to a credit check.
Avis may request an authorization hold against your account for the estimated charges of the rental but reserves the right in its sole discretion, to request an extra value to be based on certain factors as we deem appropriate:
- Most rentals may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $200 USD.
- Rentals of 4 days or more may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $300 USD.
- If you have prepaid the rental with a debit card, the hold is $250.00 USD.
THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE. When the rental is over we will process the reversal but the bank may take time to post it back to the account. If you fail to return the vehicle as agreed, Avis will obtain additional authorizations from your account to cover the rental charges. Avis is not responsible for any returned checks or over-drafts based on this policy.
Positive identification in addition to your driver's license may be required.
Note: Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification to pick up a car at any location. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid Debit/Gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
At time of pick-up, driver must present a valid, U.S.-issued driver's license and credit card (or debit card at participating locations) in the driver's name. If the driver's license is not issued in the U.S., you must present your drivers license and either a passport or a Canadian enhanced license in the driver's name.
Public Liability and Property Damage
Public liability insurance is in accordance with the insurance laws of the country. Customer may inquire at the time of rental for additional information of the benefits, conditions and acceptance.
Note: Some credit cards provide insurance coverage, with certain limitations, as a benefit of using the card to rent vehicles. The customer is advised to contact the card issuer before the rental. Any waiver must be discussed directly with the location upon arrival.
Additional Driver Policy
All additional drivers must be at least 25 years of age. The following are exempt from the additional driver fee but must meet all other driver requirements: the renter's employer or fellow employee when on company business and renting under a corporate account; the renter's spouse or domestic partner; the companion driver of a renter with a disability who has completed the non-licensed renter form; for insurance replacement rentals, company employees or family members who are designated on the insurance policy. All other additional drivers must complete and sign an additional driver form and present valid credit identification. A maximum of two additional drivers may complete a form.
For all US states other than NV and NY, the additional driver fee is $13 per day per driver with a maximum charge of $65 per driver. The fee in New York is $3 per day per driver. The fee in Nevada is $11 per day per driver with a maximum of $55 per driver.
- A Frequent Traveler Program Surcharge or Excise Tax of up to $1.50 per day may be applied and will be assessed in connection with miles, points or credits earned pursuant to this reservation.
- Extensions or late returns may result in additional charges.
A customer renting a Luxury Car, Minivan, 12-Passenger Van, Full-Size SUV, Premium SUV, Standard Elite SUV or any vehicle in the Specialty/Signature Series/Cool Car categories must be at least 25 years old.
- Exception: A customer with an acceptable corporate discount number can rent the above car classes at 21 years old without an underage fee.
For all other car classes, a customer presenting a major charge card must be at least 21 years old. An underage surcharge of $27.00 per day will apply for renters 21-24 years old.
- Exception: A customer presenting a major charge card with an acceptable corporate discount number can rent at 18 years old without an underage fee.
A customer presenting an acceptable bank debit card must be at least 25 years old. (See Debit Card Policies for acceptable car groups and full details.)
- Exception: A customer presenting an acceptable bank debit card with a corporate discount number can rent at 21 years old without an underage fee.
A customer presenting an Avis charge card, government-issued Visa/MasterCard or government travel/purchase orders can rent any car class at age 18 without an underage fee.
At the time of rental, the renter or authorized driver may be subject to an electronic DMV check from the issuing state of the driver's license, or may be asked to sign a declaration attesting to specific criteria:
- The renter/authorized driver has a valid license that is not currently suspended, expired, revoked, canceled or surrendered.
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 36 months had 1 or more convictions for reckless driving.
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 36 months had 1 or more convictions for driving under the influence (DUI), driving while intoxicated (DWI), or driving while alcohol impaired (DWAI).
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 36 months failed to report or leave the scene of an accident.
- The renter/authorized driver has never been in possession of a stolen vehicle or used a vehicle in a crime.
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 24 months had 3 or more convictions for moving violations (including seat belt violations).
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 36 months had 3 or more accidents
Fuel Service Charge. Most rentals come with a full tank of fuel, but that is not always the case.
Where available, if permitted by law, if you drive less than 75 miles, you acknowledge that we will add a flat fee to the rental, the amount of which will be disclosed on the Rental Contract and at the counter prior to rental. You may avoid this charge at time of return by providing a receipt for fuel purchased at which time the flat fee will be reversed from your total rental charges. If this subparagraph (a) does not apply, there are three refueling options:
1) If you do not accept the fuel service option, where available, at the beginning of your rental, and you return the car with less fuel than was in it when you received it, as we determine in our sole discretion, we will charge you a fuel service charge at the applicable rate per-mile or rate per-gallon specified on the Rental Contract or disclosed at the location. The per-mile rate is used if you do not buy fuel during the rental. To calculate this amount, we multiply the number of miles driven, as shown on the car’s odometer (or provided by the vehicle's telematics device), times the per-mile rate shown on the Rental Contract. The per gallon rate is used if you buy fuel during the rental and provide us with a receipt on our request, but the tank is not as full when you return the car as when you received the car (by using the factory installed gauge, rounded down to the nearest 1/8 tank), times the per-gallon rate shown on the Rental Contract.
Although two methods are used for ease of calculation, the per mile and per-gallon rates produce approximately the same result. Some of our cars are equipped with onboard telematics which record the actual amounts of fuel in the gas tank. In the event your car has such a device, you will be charged for the actual amount of gasoline needed to fill the tank based on the reading of this device.
2) If you accept the fuel service option at the beginning of your rental, you will be charged as shown on the Rental Contract for that purchase and you will not pay us a fuel service charge. If you choose this option, you will not incur an additional fuel service charge, but you will not receive any credit for fuel left in the tank at the time of return. If you accept the partial fuel service option at the beginning of your rental, you will be charged as shown on the Rental Contract for that purchase and you will pay a fuel service charge for any fuel not covered by the partial fuel service option. The per-gallon cost of the fuel service option will always be lower than the fuel service charge. The cost of refueling the car yourself at a local service station may be lower than the fuel service charge or the fuel service option. You acknowledge that the fuel service charge is not a retail sale of fuel.
3) You may avoid a fuel service charge if you return the car with the fuel tank as full as when you received it and, if requested by us, present a receipt for your fuel purchase. If you put fuel into the car, you must use the correct fuel (having the grade of gasoline stated on the car fuel information decal, or on-road diesel). Do not use ethanol fuel even if the car states that it is a flex-fuel vehicle.
Renters who have indicated a country of residence outside of the US will be required to present a non US issued drivers license and a non US issued passport OR an international airline ticket at the time of rental to qualify for the rate.
If you have added any of the following rental options to your reservations, terms and conditions may apply.
- Available at participating locations.
- Minimum age is 25 but may vary by locations, underage surcharges may apply at certain locations.
- Reliability of directions subject to timing of software implementation as well as that of which has been provided by the maker of the installed maps.
- I (renter) acknowledge that the rental vehicle may be equipped with GPS (global positioning satellite system). I acknowledge that the satellite system may be limited by atmospheric or topographical conditions. I further acknowledge that the GPS unit may be rendered inoperative if it is tampered with or destroyed and or damaged in an accident or if the satellite systems are obstructed and inoperative.
- Customer is responsible for all costs in the event of lost, stolen or damaged GPS unit and all of its components.
- Renter agrees to release and hold Avis harmless for any GPS unit failures.
Gas Service Option
- Fees for the Gas Service Option are not included in the Estimated Total.
- Fees are assessed and applied at the time of rental.
- Fees vary by location and are determined by current market value of gasoline in surrounding area of rental location and the fuel tank size of rental vehicle.
- Customer will receive no credit or refund for unused fuel left in tank at time of return.
- Taxes not included in the Estimated Total will be applied at the time of rental.
- Roadside Assistance service is available at all participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, & U.S. Virgin Islands and New Zealand.
- Roadside Assistance covers the cost for assistance with key replacement, lockouts, tire change service fee, jump starts and emergency fuel delivery (up to 3 gallons).
- Prohibited use of the vehicle will void this option.
- Taxes not included in the Estimated Total will be applied at the time of rental.
- Available at participating U.S. locations
- Rental options not selected/offered on the avis.com website can not be modified online.
- Taxes not included in the Estimated Total will be applied at the time of rental.
- Any modifications to these rental options must be made by contacting customer service or can be made at the rental counter.
Rental Terms and Conditions
View the Avis Rental terms and conditions.
If you are booking with Amazon Benefits, additional Amazon Terms and Conditions apply.
Rental Terms and Conditions - Via Driver Program Addendum
Via Driver Program Addendum
Avis Mobile Notifications is a standard rated subscription alert service providing time-sensitive mobile alerts and MMS to customers that include updates to the customer's current and upcoming rentals, and information about claims or inquiries relating to past rentals. By providing your phone number you agree to receive text messages, including text messages sent by an automatic telephone dialing system ("ATDS"), from us and our service partners regarding your rental. Messaging frequency varies based on customer journey. We will not use an ATDS to send you texts for marketing purposes unless we receive your prior express written consent. You are not required to provide consent in order to purchase any of our goods or services.
To Opt-Out of marketing text messages text "STOP" from your mobile device in response to a marketing text message. You can also manage your preferences to receive marketing text messages by updating your Avis profile at Avis.com. Simply select "No" from the SMS Notifications option in the communication preference section of your profile.
To get help, text "HELP" in response to a text message or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-352-7900.
Carriers Supported (U.S. only)
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, U.S. Cellular®, Metro PCS, ACS Wireless, All West Wireless, Bluegrass, Boost USA, Cambridge Telecom, Cellcom, Cellular South, Centennial, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket Communications, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Appalachian Wireless, Farmer's Mutual Telephone Company, General Communications, Golden State Cellular, PC Management, Inland Cellular, Illinois Valley Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Nucla-Naturita, nTelos, Revol, Silver Star PCS (Gold Star), Snake River PCS, South Central, Syringa, Thumb Cellular, UBET Wireless, Unicel, United Wireless, and West Central Wireless.
*T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
Carriers Supported (Canada only)
Aliant Mobility, Bell Mobility, Eastlink, Fido, Mobilicity, MTS, NorthernTel Mobility, Public Mobile, Rogers Wireless, SaskTel Mobility, Telébec Mobilité, TELUS Mobility, Vidéotron, Virgin Mobile Canada, WIND Mobile
Avis will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages connected with our SMS Gateway. Delivery of SMS messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator.
We will only use your information to provide you the services you request and as set forth in our privacy notice which can be found at www.avis.com/privacy.
Avis does not charge a fee for text messaging service. Standard messaging and data rates may apply, we are not responsible for any charges from a person's service provider that may result from us providing this service. Avis assumes no responsibility for charges incurred by signing up for this text messaging service. Any text messaging fees that you incur will be billed on your individual mobile provider bill.
Towing is not permitted. Vehicles cannot be used to tow or push anything. A trailer hitch cannot be installed on the vehicles.
Travel Into Other Countries
Canada: Vehicles may be driven into Canada with no restrictions. The rental counter must be notified at the time of rental that you plan to drive into Canada so the location can provide a Canadian Non-Resident Insurance Card (provided at no cost). Based on availability, one-way rentals may be allowed to some Canada cities.
Mexico: Vehicles rented at this location are not allowed to travel into Mexico.
Rental Qualification Policy
E-TOLL COLLECTION DEVICE AVAILABILITY
TOLL PAYMENT TAG PASS
You are responsible for payment of all tolls incurred during the rental period. We offer an optional service called e-toll that allows customers to use electronic toll lanes on highways, bridges, tunnels and other tolled passages. All vehicles are pre-equipped to electronically process tolls. If you do not pay cash for tolls, you automatically opt into our e-toll service to which you agree to pay us or our toll program administrator with whom we will share your credit card/debit information for all tolls incurred during your rental and all related fees, charges and penalties. The e-toll fees may take 4-8 weeks after the rental to be billed to your credit card/debit card on file.
E-TOLL SERVICE CONVENIENCE FEES
The convenience fee for e-Toll usage is $3.95 up to $5.95 USD for each day you use the E-Toll device and there is a maximum of $19.75 up to $29.75 USD per rental month, plus toll charges. There are NO service charges if e-Toll is NOT USED during the rental duration.
Available at participating locations in the following states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Washington and West Virginia.
If you use the unlimited E-Toll service, all cost of tolls and convenience Fees are included. For this service, you pay a flat fee of $10.99 up to $23.99 USD per each day of the rental period, regardless of whether or not you incur any tolls, or a flat fee of $54.95 up to $119.95 USD per week. E-toll unlimited must be purchased at the beginning of the rental.
OPTING OUT OF E-TOLL
If you do not choose e-toll unlimited at the time of rental, you may avoid the standard e-toll fees on any given day during the term of the rental if you ensure the transponder shield box is in the "closed" position and you pay cash for all tolls, use your own adequately funded, properly mounted and compatible electronic toll device to pay for all tolls, or pay the toll authority directly and follow the toll authority rules and requirements.
For more information on tolling, please visit avis.com/etoll or check at the time of rental.