Rent a Car at Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (BQK)
Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (BQK)
295 Aviation Pkwy - Ste 140,
Brunswick, GA, Georgia, 31525, U S A
Hours of Operation:
Sun 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Mon - Fri 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Lock the vehicle and place the keys in the key drop box for After Hours Returns located in the return area. Don't forget to remove all your belongings from the vehicle prior to returning the keys.
A vehicle that is returned after hours will be checked in when the location opens the next business day. If returning after hours when a location is closed, the customer is responsible for the vehicle until the satisfactory check in of the rental vehicle the next business day.
Terms & Conditions
- Retain your reservation confirmation number as it is necessary for modification, cancellation or no-show refund requests. Changes to your prepay reservation must be made either on Avis.com, Avis.com.au or Avis.co.nz or at the rental counter. At time of change, current rates, taxes and fees apply.
- Your credit or debit card will be charged upon reservation confirmation. Method of prepayment toward your rental may not be changed after confirmation.
- Debit cards are not accepted at some Avis locations and are not a recommended form of prepayment.
- While a debit or prepaid charge card is an acceptable form of rental prepayment online, they may not be accepted for the credit hold required when you pick up your vehicle.
- Please review the terms and conditions on our confirmation page regarding credit or debit card acceptance at the location. To release the vehicle to you at time of pick-up, all rental terms and conditions must be met, regardless of your original prepayment.
- Prepaid debit and gift cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification to pick up a vehicle at any location. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid debit and gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
- In the U.S., debit or check cards may be used at the end of the rental for payment of rental charges.
- The same credit or debit card used to complete an online Pay Now reservation must be presented at the rental pick-up counter as a form of identification. At airport locations, proof of a return airline ticket is also required when using a debit card.
- Generally, at the time of rental, we'll require a credit card hold of total estimated charges. However, many rentals may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $200 USD. If you have prepaid with a debit card, the hold will be $250 USD. A prepaid charge card is not accepted for this required hold and in case of reservation with non US currency, a credit card with same currency of reservation with equivalent USD amount would be required.
- The card presented at pickup will be the card of record for the rental.
- If you use a debit card at a location that accepts them, we will perform a credit check to ensure worthiness before releasing the vehicle and you must also present a second form of current identification.
- Prepaid reservations are only offered at participating locations.
- Upon paying your rental with a debit card, Avis will generally request an authorization hold against your account for the estimated charges of the rental but reserves the right in its sole, discretion, to request extra value based on certain factors as we deem appropriate. Many rentals may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $200 USD. Rentals of 4 days or more may require an authorization hold of the estimated rental charges plus $300 USD. If you have prepaid with a debit card, the hold will be $250 USD. Some exceptions may apply. THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE.
- If you selected Fuel Service Option, fuel price isn't included in your reservation total, but prevailing market rate will be added when you return your vehicle.
- Avis accepts most major credit cards as credit identification at the time of rental. Accepted credit cards: Avis Charge Card, American Express, AT&T Capital, Diner's Club Intl, Discover, China Union Pay, JCB, MasterCard, and Visa. Some locations may not accept each of the referenced cards.
- Coupons may be applied to prepay rentals. Vouchers or Avis rental certificates cannot be used in conjunction with a prepay reservation.
- Gift Cards (Avis or any other) are not allowed on prepay reservations.
- Most U.S. locations also accept bank debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo as credit identification at the time of rental if you are at least 25 years of age. In most cases, U.S. locations will perform a credit check for debit card renters to determine credit worthiness at the time of rental. The renter must meet Avis' minimum criteria in order to rent.
- When the rental is over, we will process the reversal but the bank may take time to post it back to the account - unless you already paid toward your rental, in which case the hold will be $250 USD. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
- Avis is not responsible for any returned checks or overdraft fees based on this policy.
- Your quoted rental rate is based on the exact parameters (locations, dates, etc.) of your particular rental - changing your confirmed reservation parameters could result in a different rate.
- There is no fee for making the following changes: vehicle type, options (GPS, protections, etc.), rental period dates/times, adding other drivers, switching between participating prepay pick-up locations within the same country. To change to a non-participating location or one outside of the original pick-up country, you must cancel your original reservation (with applicable cancellation fee) and re-book at then current rates.
- Non-permissible changes include: method of prepayment; name on reservation; changing your pick-up to a non-participating prepay location or one outside of the original pick-up country. If you still wish to make these changes, you must cancel your original prepay reservation with applicable cancellation fee and re-book at then current rates.
- At time of rental pick-up, location rental qualification rules apply. The name on all rental credentials (license and credit or debit card) must match the name on the reservation. If the names do not match, it is deemed a non-permissible change to your prepay reservation and must follow procedures to cancel and re-book at then current rates (with applicable cancellation or no-show fees).
- At the time of pick up, driver must present a valid driver's license and credit card (or debit card at participating locations) in the driver's name. A prepaid charge card is not an acceptable credential. All drivers must have a safe driving record.
- At time of pick up, driver must present a valid, drivers license and credit or debit card in the driver's name. If the drivers license is not U.S.-issued, you must present your drivers license and either a passport or a Canadian enhanced license in the driver's name.
- At the time of rental, the renter or authorized driver may be subject to an electronic DMV check from the issuing state of the driver's license, or may be asked to sign a declaration attesting to specific criteria.
- Positive identification in addition to your driver's license may be required.
- Your total rental rate is calculated based on the information provided at time of reservation.
- Vehicles are rented on a daily (24-hour) basis. There is a 29-minute grace period for returns. After 30 minutes late, a 3/4-day late charge + $.01 + taxes apply. After 90 minutes late, full-day late charges + taxes apply. There is no grace period for rental fees, surcharges and optional equipment or protections charges, so full-day late charges will apply for these items.
- Extensions or late returns result in additional charges.
- Rather than requiring customers to be 25 to rent, Avis now rents to customers between the ages of 21-24 with a valid credit card and driver's license. At time of rental, we will automatically apply an additional underage surcharge for these drivers.
- Additionally, the following restrictions also will apply for renters between the ages of 21-24: Renters of luxury cars, mini-vans, 12-passenger vans, specialty cars, full-size SUVs and premium SUVs will not be permitted.
- In New York State, the minimum age to rent is 18 with a $84-per-day USD surcharge for renters age 18-20 and a $35-per-day USD underage surcharge for renters age 21-24. In Michigan, the minimum age is 18 with a $41-per-day USD surcharge for customers between the ages of 18-20 and $28-per-day USD surcharge for customers between the ages of 21-24.
- In all states other than CA, NV and NY, the charge for additional drivers is $13-per-day USD per additional driver, with a maximum charge of $65-per-rental USD per driver. The additional driver fee in New York is $3-per-day USD per additional driver.
- The additional driver fee in Nevada is $11.85-per-day USD per additional driver. There is no additional driver fee in California. The following are exempt from additional driver charges: renter's employer or regular fellow employee when on company business; renter's spouse or domestic partner; disabled renters who have completed the non-licensed renter form.
- The collection, use and retention of your information, including your personally identifiable information, provided to us in connection with payment for our services and products, or participation in our programs, whether directly by you or on your behalf through a payment service, is subject to our Privacy Notice.
- Changes to a reservation must be done at Avis.com, Avis.com.au, or Avis.co.nz using the "Modify/Cancel" option. Any changes to the reservation may impact the rental charges. If a prepaid reservation is cancelled more than 24 hours before the pickup time, a $50.00 USD or equivalent foreign currency used for the reservation, will be assessed a cancellation fee.
- If you return the vehicle before the original return date (early return), you will not be refunded any portion of the payment.
- All refund requests must be submitted within six months of the scheduled rental pick up date. No refunds will be granted after this six month window.
- Underpayments will be handled at the counter at time of rental return. Unfortunately, we can't promise that your prepaid daily vehicle rate will apply if you change vehicle types, lengthen or shorten your rental period or change your pick up location.
- Upon returning the vehicle, Avis will process a release of the unused portion of the hold subject to your bank's procedure. This hold may take up to two weeks to be released by your bank.
- If you have already paid toward your rental with a credit or debit card, we will reverse any hold when the rental is over. The bank, however, may take time to post it back to your account. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use.
Acceptance of Loss Damage Waiver relieves the renter and authorized additional drivers of financial responsibility if the Avis car is damaged or stolen while under rental contract. Using the vehicle in violation of any of the use restrictions listed on the rental agreement could void LDW and leave the renter fully responsible for any damage to the vehicle.
LDW is not available in all states and certain restrictions may apply in some states. At the time of rental, the customer must initial whether he/she accepts or declines the LDW and/or other optional services. LDW and other optional services must be signed for at the rental counter.
If LDW is not accepted, the customer may be responsible for up to the full fair market value of the car if it is damaged, vandalized or stolen during the rental. The customer may also be responsible for reimbursing Avis for the revenue lost by not being able to use the car while it is being repaired or not recovered due to theft (referred to as Loss Of Use) and any diminished value resulting from the accident.
Credit Card Policies
Avis accepts most major credit cards as credit identification at the time of rental. The renter's name must be on the credit card.
Accepted credit card list: Avis Charge Card, American Express, AT&T Capital, Diner's Club Int'l, Discover, China UnionPay, JCB, MasterCard, and Visa. Some locations may not accept each of the referenced cards.
You may be subject to a credit check or present additional identification. Acceptable forms of additional identification are: Valid passport or travel visa, military identification, birth certificate, marriage license, ATM card with customer name printed on face of card, health care identification card with customer’s name printed on face of card or company/college/university identification with a photograph. In some cases, you may be required to present an alternate credit card.
At the time of rental, we will request an authorization on your charge card. While this hold is in place, the funds will not be available for your use. When the rental is over, we will process the reversal but the bank may take time to post it back to the account. The required credit card hold amount varies at this location. Please see the "Additional Fees and Credit Holds" section for the credit card hold amount.
Note: Prepaid credit cards are not acceptable methods of credit identification to pick up a car at any location. One of the above mentioned cards must be presented. Prepaid credit cards are accepted at time of return only.
Debit Card Policies
Only customers ages 25 years and older may rent using a check/debit card. If you plan to use a check/debit card, please read the requirements below and bring all necessary documents with you at the time of rental. Note that all documents must be in the name of the renter. If you fail to comply with all necessary requirements, you will be unable to rent using a check/debit card.
1. Check/Debit Card Requirements: This location only accepts bank-issued debit cards with the MasterCard or Visa logo at the time of the rental. The check/debit card must be embossed with the renter's name. No pre-paid, loadable or payroll cards are accepted. The full deposit amount needed at the time of rental as noted in the "Additional Fees and Credit Holds" section must be available on the check/debit card account.
2. Car Groups: At the time of rental pickup, a check/debit card can be used for the required deposit for only these specific vehicle classes: Economy cars, Compact cars, Intermediate cars, Standard cars, Full-Size cars, Minivans, Intermediate SUVs, Standard SUVs, 12 & 15 Passenger Vans, Mid and Full Size Pickups, Small-Medium-Large Cargo Vans and Moving Trucks. A check/debit card cannot be used for any other vehicle classes.
3. Deposit Information: Avis will secure a deposit from your account as noted in the section entitled "Additional Fees and Credit Holds". Avis reserves the right in its sole discretion to request extra value based on certain factors as we deem appropriate. THESE FUNDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE. Upon returning the vehicle, Avis will refund the unused portion of the deposit subject to your banks procedures. The credit may take up to 2 weeks to be deposited by your bank. If you fail to return the vehicle as agreed, Avis will obtain additional deposits from your account to cover the rental charges. Avis is not responsible for any returned checks or overdrafts based on this policy. In the United States, check/debit cards can be used at the end for payment of rental charges. Prepaid debit/gift cards are accepted at time of return only.
4. Additional Qualifying Documents: In addition to a valid driver's license (see the "Driver's License Requirements" section for details) and bank-issued check/debit card embossed in the renter's name, one additional qualifying document with the same address as the driver's license is required. If the addresses do not match, a second qualifying document is required. Qualifying documents differ depending on if you are a Metro Atlanta resident or not. Qualifying documents cannot show a past due or negative account balance, negative account activity or disconnect notice.
- Metro Atlanta residents must bring a current copy (within the last 45 days) of renter's contracted cellular phone bill, home telephone or utility bill, bank statement, mortgage statement, paycheck stub or insurance statement/policy declaration showing their name and local address. Metro Atlanta counties include Bartow, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dekalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale.
- All Other Debit Card Renters may present an air travel confirmation indicating their return information (flight number/date/time) in lieu of the additional qualifying document as noted above.
5. Damage Coverage: For all bank-issued check/debit card customers, you must cover potential damages to our vehicle while out on rent. You can do this in one of three ways:
A. Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) - LDW can be purchased at the time of rental. LDW relieves the renter and authorized additional drivers of financial responsibility if the Avis car is damaged or stolen while under rental contract subject to compliance with all terms of the rental agreement.
B. Damage Deposit - Leave a $1,000.00 damage deposit charged to the bank-issued check/debit card. The renter will then be held responsible for any and all damages to the Avis vehicle regardless of fault. The damage deposit may be applied to the cost of any damages.
C. Personal Insurance Policy - Present a current valid insurance card in the renter's name showing that full comprehensive and collision coverage transfers to cover the rental vehicle. This will be confirmed by a Avis representative by contacting a representative from the insurance company. If your insurance transfers to the rental, the LDW may be declined and the $1,000.00 damage deposit waived.
At time of rental, driver must present a valid drivers license in the drivers name that includes photo identification. We will not accept a photocopy, electronic copy, fax or ticket in lieu of physical license in hand. All drivers must have a safe driving record. You may be asked to sign a driving record addendum or be subject to a computerized Department of Motor Vehicles check. Based upon such search, Avis reserves the right to deny a rental opportunity.
Military Extensions are honored as per the restrictions or limitations each issuing state allows.
Foreign licenses (any license issued outside of the United States) are acceptable as long as it can be determined that the document presented is a valid drivers license and must be accompanied by a valid passport. An international driving permit (IDP) issued in a country other than the U.S. will be accepted as an English translation of a foreign license. An IDP is not valid without the accompanying foreign license.
Public Liability and Property Damage
Public liability insurance is in accordance with the insurance laws of the country. Customer may inquire at the time of rental for additional information of the benefits, conditions and acceptance.
Note: Some credit cards provide insurance coverage, with certain limitations, as a benefit of using the card to rent vehicles. The customer is advised to contact the card issuer before the rental. Any waiver must be discussed directly with the location upon arrival.
Additional Driver Policy
All additional drivers must be at least 25 years of age. The following are exempt from the additional driver fee but must meet all other driver requirements: the renter's employer or fellow employee when on company business and renting under a corporate account; the renter's spouse or domestic partner; the companion driver of a renter with a disability who has completed the non-licensed renter form; for insurance replacement rentals, company employees or family members who are designated on the insurance policy. All other additional drivers must complete and sign an additional driver form and present valid credit identification. A maximum of two additional drivers may complete a form.
For all US states other than NV and NY, the additional driver fee is $13 per day per driver with a maximum charge of $65 per driver. The fee in New York is $3 per day per driver. The fee in Nevada is $11 per day per driver with a maximum of $55 per driver.
- A Frequent Traveler Program Surcharge or Excise Tax of up to $1.50 per day may be applied and will be assessed in connection with miles, points or credits earned pursuant to this reservation.
- Extensions or late returns may result in additional charges.
Avis at this location rents to customers ages 21 years old and up. See below for specific requirements and restrictions by age category.
Customers 21-24 years old -
- A major credit card is required. Customers 21-24 years old are not permitted to rent with a check/debit card.
- At the time of rental, we will automatically apply an additional underage surcharge of $27 per day for drivers 21-24. These fees and restrictions are not reflected in your Avis.com reservation. For details, you may call the location directly, contact the reservation center or select the Live Help Online option (if available) to chat with us.
- Renters age 21-24 may rent Economy car, Compact car, Intermediate car, Standard car, Full-Size car, Minivans, Intermediate SUVs, Standard SUVs, 12 & 15 Passenger Vans, Mid and Full Size Pickups, Small-Medium-Large Cargo Vans and Moving Trucks only. No other vehicles may be rented.
- Renters age 21-24 may not add additional drivers with the exception of a legal spouse.
Customers 25 years and older -
- A major credit card or check/debit card is accepted. Customers 25 years and older who use a check/debit card in place of a credit card have some additional requirements and restrictions, including the types of vehicles that may be rented. See Check/Debit Card Policies for specifics.
- Renters age 25 years and older may add additional drivers. See Additional Driver Policy.
At the time of rental, the renter or authorized driver may be subject to an electronic DMV check from the issuing state of the driver's license, or may be asked to sign a declaration attesting to specific criteria:
- The renter/authorized driver has a valid license that is not currently suspended, expired, revoked, canceled or surrendered.
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 36 months had 1 or more convictions for reckless driving.
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 36 months had 1 or more convictions for driving under the influence (DUI), driving while intoxicated (DWI), or driving while alcohol impaired (DWAI).
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 36 months failed to report or leave the scene of an accident.
- The renter/authorized driver has never been in possession of a stolen vehicle or used a vehicle in a crime.
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 24 months had 3 or more convictions for moving violations (including seat belt violations).
- The renter/authorized driver has not, within the last 36 months had 3 or more accidents
Fuel Service Charge. Most rentals come with a full tank of fuel, but that is not always the case.
Where available, if permitted by law, if you drive less than 75 miles, you acknowledge that we will add a flat fee to the rental, the amount of which will be disclosed on the Rental Contract and at the counter prior to rental. You may avoid this charge at time of return by providing a receipt for fuel purchased at which time the flat fee will be reversed from your total rental charges. If this subparagraph (a) does not apply, there are three refueling options:
1) If you do not accept the fuel service option, where available, at the beginning of your rental, and you return the car with less fuel than was in it when you received it, as we determine in our sole discretion, we will charge you a fuel service charge at the applicable rate per-mile or rate per-gallon specified on the Rental Contract or disclosed at the location. The per-mile rate is used if you do not buy fuel during the rental. To calculate this amount, we multiply the number of miles driven, as shown on the car’s odometer (or provided by the vehicle's telematics device), times the per-mile rate shown on the Rental Contract. The per gallon rate is used if you buy fuel during the rental and provide us with a receipt on our request, but the tank is not as full when you return the car as when you received the car (by using the factory installed gauge, rounded down to the nearest 1/8 tank), times the per-gallon rate shown on the Rental Contract.
Although two methods are used for ease of calculation, the per mile and per-gallon rates produce approximately the same result. Some of our cars are equipped with onboard telematics which record the actual amounts of fuel in the gas tank. In the event your car has such a device, you will be charged for the actual amount of gasoline needed to fill the tank based on the reading of this device.
2) If you accept the fuel service option at the beginning of your rental, you will be charged as shown on the Rental Contract for that purchase and you will not pay us a fuel service charge. If you choose this option, you will not incur an additional fuel service charge, but you will not receive any credit for fuel left in the tank at the time of return. If you accept the partial fuel service option at the beginning of your rental, you will be charged as shown on the Rental Contract for that purchase and you will pay a fuel service charge for any fuel not covered by the partial fuel service option. The per-gallon cost of the fuel service option will always be lower than the fuel service charge. The cost of refueling the car yourself at a local service station may be lower than the fuel service charge or the fuel service option. You acknowledge that the fuel service charge is not a retail sale of fuel.
3) You may avoid a fuel service charge if you return the car with the fuel tank as full as when you received it and, if requested by us, present a receipt for your fuel purchase. If you put fuel into the car, you must use the correct fuel (having the grade of gasoline stated on the car fuel information decal, or on-road diesel). Do not use ethanol fuel even if the car states that it is a flex-fuel vehicle.
Renters who have indicated a country of residence outside of the US will be required to present a non US issued drivers license and a non US issued passport OR an international airline ticket at the time of rental to qualify for the rate.
If you have added any of the following rental options to your reservations, terms and conditions may apply.
- Available at participating locations.
- Minimum age is 25 but may vary by locations, underage surcharges may apply at certain locations.
- Reliability of directions subject to timing of software implementation as well as that of which has been provided by the maker of the installed maps.
- I (renter) acknowledge that the rental vehicle may be equipped with GPS (global positioning satellite system). I acknowledge that the satellite system may be limited by atmospheric or topographical conditions. I further acknowledge that the GPS unit may be rendered inoperative if it is tampered with or destroyed and or damaged in an accident or if the satellite systems are obstructed and inoperative.
- Customer is responsible for all costs in the event of lost, stolen or damaged GPS unit and all of its components.
- Renter agrees to release and hold Avis harmless for any GPS unit failures.
Gas Service Option
- Fees for the Gas Service Option are not included in the Estimated Total.
- Fees are assessed and applied at the time of rental.
- Fees vary by location and are determined by current market value of gasoline in surrounding area of rental location and the fuel tank size of rental vehicle.
- Customer will receive no credit or refund for unused fuel left in tank at time of return.
- Taxes not included in the Estimated Total will be applied at the time of rental.
- Roadside Assistance service is available at all participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, & U.S. Virgin Islands and New Zealand.
- Roadside Assistance covers the cost for assistance with key replacement, lockouts, tire change service fee, jump starts and emergency fuel delivery (up to 3 gallons).
- Prohibited use of the vehicle will void this option.
- Taxes not included in the Estimated Total will be applied at the time of rental.
- Available at participating U.S. locations
- Rental options not selected/offered on the avis.com website can not be modified online.
- Taxes not included in the Estimated Total will be applied at the time of rental.
- Any modifications to these rental options must be made by contacting customer service or can be made at the rental counter.
Rental Terms and Conditions
View the Avis Rental terms and conditions.
If you are booking with Amazon Benefits, additional Amazon Terms and Conditions apply.
Avis Mobile Notifications is a standard rated subscription alert service providing time-sensitive mobile alerts and MMS to customers that include updates to the customer's current and upcoming rentals, and information about claims or inquiries relating to past rentals. By providing your phone number you agree to receive text messages, including text messages sent by an automatic telephone dialing system ("ATDS"), from us and our service partners regarding your rental. Messaging frequency varies based on customer journey. We will not use an ATDS to send you texts for marketing purposes unless we receive your prior express written consent. You are not required to provide consent in order to purchase any of our goods or services.
To Opt-Out of marketing text messages text "STOP" from your mobile device in response to a marketing text message. You can also manage your preferences to receive marketing text messages by updating your Avis profile at Avis.com. Simply select "No" from the SMS Notifications option in the communication preference section of your profile.
To get help, text "HELP" in response to a text message or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-352-7900.
Carriers Supported (U.S. only)
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, U.S. Cellular®, Metro PCS, ACS Wireless, All West Wireless, Bluegrass, Boost USA, Cambridge Telecom, Cellcom, Cellular South, Centennial, Cincinnati Bell, Cricket Communications, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Appalachian Wireless, Farmer's Mutual Telephone Company, General Communications, Golden State Cellular, PC Management, Inland Cellular, Illinois Valley Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Nucla-Naturita, nTelos, Revol, Silver Star PCS (Gold Star), Snake River PCS, South Central, Syringa, Thumb Cellular, UBET Wireless, Unicel, United Wireless, and West Central Wireless.
*T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
Carriers Supported (Canada only)
Aliant Mobility, Bell Mobility, Eastlink, Fido, Mobilicity, MTS, NorthernTel Mobility, Public Mobile, Rogers Wireless, SaskTel Mobility, Telébec Mobilité, TELUS Mobility, Vidéotron, Virgin Mobile Canada, WIND Mobile
Avis will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages connected with our SMS Gateway. Delivery of SMS messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator.
We will only use your information to provide you the services you request and as set forth in our privacy notice which can be found at www.avis.com/privacy.
Avis does not charge a fee for text messaging service. Standard messaging and data rates may apply, we are not responsible for any charges from a person's service provider that may result from us providing this service. Avis assumes no responsibility for charges incurred by signing up for this text messaging service. Any text messaging fees that you incur will be billed on your individual mobile provider bill.
Towing is not permitted. Vehicles cannot be used to tow or push anything. A trailer hitch cannot be installed on the vehicles.
Travel Into Other Countries
Canada: Vehicles may be driven into Canada with no restrictions. The rental counter must be notified at the time of rental that you plan to drive into Canada so the location can provide a Canadian Non-Resident Insurance Card (provided at no cost). Based on availability, one-way rentals may be allowed to some Canada cities.
Mexico: Vehicles rented at this location are not allowed to travel into Mexico.
Travel Into Other States
ALL RENTALS: must be returned to the originating rental location unless authorized, in advance, as evidenced in writing on the rental agreement. Vehicles returning to an unauthorized location will be subject to a drop charge equal to $0.75 per mile driven or $300, whichever is greater, and a rental rate surcharge. Any unauthorized drop fee should not exceed $1500 regardless of mileage. Based on availability, one-way rentals may be allowed to some U.S. cities. Vehicles at this location cannot travel into: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Traffic and Toll Violations
Renter assumes responsibility for any and all tolls, parking and traffic violations during the term of the rental. Renter hereby authorizes Avis to release his/her rental and charge card information to Verra Mobility, or other similar contracted processor, for the exclusive purpose of processing and billing for tolls; fines, penalties and fees (violations). Renter agrees to pay, upon billing, an administrative fee up to $50 for EACH unpaid violation incurred during the term of this rental. Renter understands and acknowledges that this automatic payment of violations may cause renter to lose the ability to contest violations and fines. Renter also agrees to pay the cost of a flat, daily convenience fee of $3.95 per day during the rental once an e-Toll transaction occurs, even if there are no additional e-Toll transactions. This is in addition to the actual cost of the toll(s). The rental period service fee for e-Tolls is capped at $19.75 per rental month of a rental agreement. Renters can avoid the daily e-Toll convenience fee by using their own electronic toll device, or by avoiding cashless tolls and paying all tolls in cash. Renter agrees to indemnify and hold us and Verra Mobility or other similar contracted processor, harmless for any tickets, citations, fines, penalties and administrative fees.