TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN
Some helpful tips while you travel!
Renting Child Safety Seats from Avis
- To view the latest requirements and pricing policy - Click Here
Tips for a Smoother Trip
- No matter how short the ride, all kids need to ride properly restrained-no exceptions!.
- Consider the age and attention span of your children when deciding how far to travel each day.
- Give each child their own copy of the driving route to track trip progress and hold off "are-we-there-yet?" questions.
- Plan regular short breaks along the way to give kids a chance to stretch.
- Avoid salty snacks and offer easy-to-eat high-energy options like bananas, raisins, or animal crackers at rest breaks.
- Consider allowing older children to choose and map out 'scenic routes' that give them a chance to be the family navigator.
- Stash extra car-appropriate toys and games and bring out a new one every hour or so to ward off boredom.
- Enjoy a round of traditional car songs and play "I Spy With My Little Eye" and Car Bingo.
Remember-family vacations make cherished family memories! So, take a little more time where necessary so that everyone (including parents!) enjoys the trip.
Back to the Avis Cares child passenger safety main page.