Avis Disability Services Avis Disability Services
At Avis, we strive to make everyone's rental experience as easy, safe and stress-free as possible. That's why, as a feature of our Avis Cares® Program, we provide a full range of products and services for our drivers and passengers with disabilities at no extra cost.
Our visually impaired passengers can travel worry-free. All you need to do is make an advance reservation in your name, arrive with a licensed driver who is at least 25 years old, complete the Avis additional driver form at the time of rental and you're on your way. With Avis, you can be sure we'll meet your needs, before you even get on the road.
A full range of services:
- Transfer Board - Enables easy transfer from a wheelchair into and out of the vehicle
- Panoramic Mirror - Provides a much larger field of view for any driver
- Swivel Seat - Allows the driver or passenger to turn his or her body in the vehicle seat with limited effort. The swivel seat can easily be removed from underneath the person for transport
- Hand Controls - Enables drivers to accelerate or brake using a hand-controlled device. Drivers without disabilities are able to drive the vehicle without interference from the hand controls
- Spinner Knob - Enables the driver to turn the steering wheel with a full turning radius using only one hand
With these products and services from Avis, you can be confident that you'll have the smoothest ride possible, every time you rent.
To ensure availability, products and services should be reserved at least one day in advance via phone reservation. Call 800-962-1434.
Speech-and Hearing-Impaired Services. Call TTY/TDD 1-800-331-2323.