|Here are all the tools you'll need to begin using the myWhere2" trip planning features on your Garmin GPS Unit.
Everything can be installed and loaded into your unit in minutes! Simply follow the instructions below or view a video demo on the right.
Step 1. Download Free Garmin Communicator Plug-in (one time installation)
To begin saving and storing addresses and points of interest - and to send addresses to your Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card - you first must install the Garmin Communicator Plug-in.
Just click on the link below to begin your download. This is a one-time installation that will save you lots of time in the long-run. When finished, continue to Step 2 below.
Step 2. Create an Avis where2« Bookmark
After you've installed the Garmin Communicator plug-in, you'll need to create a bookmark to send addresses to your SD card. Creating this tool is a one-time process! Just save the link below as a bookmark. Once your bookmark is created, simply click on the bookmark to display a pop-up that will allow you to save your address. You can also click on this link to view a sample trip planning pop-up.
IE and Firefox Users - Right-click on text link above
For Bookmarklet - Click the text link above and drag to toolbar
(detailed instructions below)
Internet Explorer Users: Right-click text link above and select "Add to Favorites." You also can save this as a bookmarklet on your toolbar. Just click text link above and drag into your toolbar window.
Note: If you use Internet Explorer 6 and some other browsers, you may find that you cannot add bookmarklets by dragging them. Just follow these steps to work around this problem.
- Click (or control-click for Mac) a bookmarklet link and then click Add to Favorites.
- Click OK if you receive a security alert like this one. This is safe because you know that the bookmarklet is being added and what it is for.
- Click the "Create In >>" button and select the "Links" folder, and then click OK.
Step 4. Save and Send address to SD Card
You can save and send as many addresses as you like to your Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card. To send an address from a website to the SD card, follow these instructions:
- Highlight the desired address on website.
- Choose "Save Address to Avis where2" from your bookmarks or browser toolbar.
- Confirm that the SD card is inserted into the SD card reader that is connected to your computer.
- Name location in the Avis where2« pop-up window and click the "Send to SD Card" button.
- Addresses will appear in the Favorites section of My Locations.
Step 5. Insert SD Card in your where2« GPS device
Remove the loaded SD Card from your computer and, once inside your Avis vehicle, insert the card in your where2« GPS device. The GPS unit will automatically recognize all your information!
For any technical questions regarding the Garmin GPS unit, or for assistance with
the Communicator Plug-in, please contact:
For Support Avis/Garmin: 1-888-294-3732
Online Customer Service: www.garmin.com