THE NEW AVIS.COM ROLLS OFF THE ASSEMBLY LINE TO MAKE ONLINE TRAVEL PLANNING EASIER THAN EVER
PARSIPPANY, N.J., February 23, 2009 - Avis Rent A Car today unveiled a redesigned version of its flagship Web site, Avis.com, which is now faster, easier to navigate and more user-friendly than ever. The new site features a simple four-step reservation process, greater functionality and advanced technology that offers customers customized content, including special deals, side-by-side rate information and real-time pricing.
"We streamlined and rebuilt Avis.com based on input and advice from our customers," said John Peebles, vice president of online marketing for Avis Budget Group, parent company of Avis. "Our customers told us they wanted quicker and easier access to the information that mattered to them the most, and to be able to make their reservations more quickly."
Avis.com users now also benefit from the following:
- Better vehicle comparison and selection: To see vehicle information such as base rate, passenger and luggage capacity, fuel efficiency rating and features such as CD players and cruise control, users simply float the cursor over the car class or type with no need to open or close new windows. In addition, if a vehicle is "sold out" at a particular location, customers can conduct a proximity search to determine the nearest location that has availability of that vehicle.
- Faster and easier rate shopping: Renters can shop and compare rates on one page, instead of juggling between two windows or having to hit the "back" button.
- Real-time rate rental calculation: The new site displays price changes as rental options and protection coverages are added to the reservation.
- Side-by-side comparison of reservation modification: Customers who need to amend an existing reservation can compare both the existing and modified reservation side-by-side for accuracy. For greater convenience, customers can make any changes or leave the reservation intact quickly and efficiently.
- More powerful home page: The new main landing page offers improved functionality, including the ability to make extended and one-way rental reservations and to enter discount and coupon codes. Frequent "My Avis" users (whose renter status, car preference and reservation/rental details are stored) can log in at the home page to modify reservations easier and print receipts with the touch of a button.
- Location finder: By simply entering three characters, the new site automatically suggests a location and offers maps of the city and area, address, phone number, hours of operation and directions to the Avis rental facility.
- Automatic and improved reservation confirmation: The new Avis.com rental confirmation page puts all the details of a reservation on a single, easy-to-understand page, and includes prominently displayed, location-specific terms and conditions.
- Customer service information: Users will find contact information for customer service more accessible as its follows the renter through the reservation process to facilitate quick answers to typical renter questions.
"The new Avis.com also helps our customers make the most of their time on the road with our innovative products such as Avis where2 GPS navigation, eToll electronic toll collection and Avis Access for travelers with disabilities," said Mr. Peebles.
For more information or to make a reservation, visit www.avis.com.
Avis Rent A Car System, LLC and its subsidiaries operate one of the world's leading car rental brands, providing business and leisure customers with a wide range of services at approximately 2,200 locations in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the Latin American / Caribbean region. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NYSE: CAR). For more information, visit www.avis.com.